Friday, September 16, 2011

Kate With a Kate


Start 'em young, right? Here's one of the twins, Kate, "helping" dad paint a (what else?) Kate from my Check Your 6! collection. And she got to play with all of the other little toys on my desk. Hmmm. What have I started here?

I got into CY6 last winter after playing in a jet age game at a con. I didn't do so well, but was intrigued enough to order some WW2 Pacific aircraft. This is really the ideal wargame for people like me. You don't need that many "figures" painted up to get a good game going on the table, and essentially zero terrain. Just a hex mat and you're pretty much good to go. I use the blue mat from Hotz, and I did start making a green foam island. I've also toyed with the idea of getting some ships, but I can't really decide between 1/700 models, or the smaller metal game ones. Or just print out some paper aerial shots and call it good. Probably that.

I haven't had a game since spring. Maybe I can hunt down an opponent this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment