Friday, October 21, 2011

30th Pennsylvania

Remember those units I said I was going to base a few weekends ago? I finally got around to it.

And while I don't always model specific units, this one was given the flag of the 30th Pennsylvania, so the 30th Pennsylvania it shall be. Pretty standard Union uniforms, so I'm guessing it will work, as far as I know this wasn't a Zouave unit or anything. Someone out there correct me if I'm wrong. It's a rather small unit at only 12 figs, but if we go with the rules we're thinking of, they use a 25:1 ratio and a 300 man regiment does not seem out of the ordinary.

They are mostly Dixon minis, but the standard bearers and officer are from Redoubt. Redoubt's feature to add various heads/limbs is nice, but I did misplace the officers right hand. Must have been a visit to Dr. Sawbones after the previous battle? Painted with the usual mix of Vallejo and Testors acrylics. Look for more coming soon.



As for what I'm currently working on, Wheat's Tigers are still ongoing, as are some miscellaneous Union support pieces. I've also got some AWI Brits gazing at me longingly from the side of the table, as well as the partially complete Liberator troops on the shelf staring down at me. Not to mention the myriad other ongoing projects, like the Mustang, some model cars, getting the yard and house prepped for winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment