Wednesday, December 14, 2011

And Some Dauntlesses

And on the other side, here are some Douglass SBD Dauntless dive bombers. I'm pretty sure these are Scotia. I tried to order some more (Raiden), but they are out of stock at the moment, but should be available by next month. I hope so, these are the only two I have! These I painted up in early war scheme, which makes them ideal candidates for the Swede scenario, as well as other Coral Sea scenarios. If I get more, I might paint up a mix of these, along with some without the red dot to be more appropriate for the Midway time period. I do like the open cockpit feature on these, though.

Curiously, and you'll see these eventually, I have painted up all of my Devastators in the later style, mostly as a nod to Torpedo Squadron 8. Again, more on that later. As gamers, we're used to overlooking the occasional anomaly, right?

In other CY6 news, my recent order arrived yesterday. Overall they look pretty cool, though one Sally has a miscast around the engine nacelle that will need some work.


As far as the other projects, I got the materials to begin rigging the Guerriere, maybe this weekend. And somewhat surprisingly, I managed to get many of the decals down on my Foyt Olds last night and this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment