Friday, March 23, 2012

Fast Friday: Indycar is back!


Sorry it’s been quiet lately. The weather has just been too nice to be doing much in the way of indoor hobby activities!

I should mention one “hobby”-related activity this week. I filed papers in court against the bozo that was supposed to do the body work on the Mustang. My first lawsuit. That has just turned into one big headache. I have a home address for the guy, but I suspect he’s not even there. His Facebook pages (personal and business) have both been taken down. So I’m not even sure how the court will serve papers, let alone if I will be able to collect. I doubt he has two nickels to rub together. If nothing else, I hope he will at least have a record after this and won’t be able to apply for another loan to start a business again. I have a May 3 court date. Should be interesting.
 
I had dreams of driving the car this summer. I doubt it will be close to done by fall.

Anyway, in brighter news, racing season starts for real this weekend. Yes, there has been the Daytona 24. And the Daytona 500. And even the Australian Grand Prix (which I missed). But this weekend the Indy cars hit the track for the first time in 2012.

It’s the first race since that disaster in Las Vegas, and a lot has changed since then, not the least of which is the new DW12 chassis and the new Honda, Chevy and Lotus V6 turbo engines. Only two months until May!

No comments:

Post a Comment