Wednesday, April 18, 2012

When Hobbies Aren't Fun


Apologies for the lack of posts lately. I know I mentioned I would only be gone a week, and I was – a pleasant trip to Florida.

But since I’ve been back, hobbies have deteriorated into a definite not fun aspect of life. All because of the Mustang saga.

I’ve posted the story before, about how I took it to a shop for body and paint and the work was not done, and I didn’t get my money back. Before going on vacation, I filed in small claims court and have a court date of May 3. That’s bad enough, filing a lawsuit over what should be an enjoyable, relaxing hobby experience. Courts have no place in hobbies.

Then last week I get a letter inquiring if I would be interested in going on the Judge Judy TV show to have my case arbitrated. On TV. In Los Angeles. All over 850 bucks.

I told them to go ahead and try to contact the defendant. Which they did. In under five hours, and he agrees to go on the show. For weeks and months I tried to talk to him, but he never answered his phone, or his emails. Even his mom refused to talk to me. And he talks to them right away.

I am furious. He’s found an out – CBS will pay any judgment against him if he goes on TV. Basically, no accountability on his part. Dude, it’s time to grow up and face the music. Just talk to me.

I’m about this close to putting out an ad to sell the darn car – just haul it away.

Hobbies are supposed to be fun. And this has turned into a nightmare that just won’t go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment