Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Of "Play With Ships" and Thanksgiving

If you will all indulge me a moment on this Thanksgiving Eve with a moment from my morning...

I was trying to sneak in a few minutes at the bench this morning before work and before the twins woke up. I had just started working on my 1/1200 USS Constitution when I heard the pitter patter of feet, and down the stairs came Kate. I put down my brush and she crawled up on my lap and looked at what I was doing.

"Are you making a play with ship?" she asked.

"Well, it's for daddy to play with. You shouldn't play with these."

"Will you make us a ship we can play with?"

Now how can I resist that? Now my quest begins to find a ship they can "play with."

So I'll just say as we enter this Thanksgiving weekend, I am very thankful for my family and especially my wonderful two little girls.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, whether here stateside or wherever you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment