Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Putting Painting Skills to the Test

It's a Christmas miracle! An Up the Creek post for the first time in a month!

Yeah, sorry about that. No excuses. Believe it or not, there have been hobby related activities taking place, including an actual test game of WW2 naval, and progress on the Napoleonic naval front.

But for today, Christmas Day, I'd like to share a photo from some "painting" I did yesterday in preparation for a visit to my parents' home for Christmas Eve. That's Miss Claire (Miss Kate insisted, no photos, please), showing off dad's newfound finger nail painting skills. Yes, I painted my daughters' finger nails. Now that's a first for me. But they asked, mom was busy, and I figured, "Heck, I paint eyeballs on figures no more than inch tall, how tough can it be?"

Thankfully they were very patient, held their hands very still, and we completed the task without mishap. And all was well. Now, back to the bench!

Anyway, I hope all out there have enjoyed a great holiday, whether restful or not. I'm back to work tomorrow, off Thursday, work Friday, then another four-day weekend. I'm looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment