Friday, January 11, 2013

Spartacon Tomorrow

I don't get to many real gaming cons. OK, I usually only get to one a year. There are a few others reasonably close, but something always seems to conflict with them. But not Spartacon. Early/mid-January is always a rare dead time for everything else, so it is a perfect time for a "me" day!

It's about an hour and a half drive, mostly through some rural back roads, so I have to get up at o-dark-thirty and get going to get there on time. Most years it's either bitter cold, snowing, blowing, or a combination of all that and worse. This year, the expected high temp tomorrow is 57! Thank you, global warming. Should make for a more pleasant drive, without all the white knuckles.

I have my shopping list prepared, mostly CY6 stuff. Though if any WW2 figs or Dark Age stuff catches my eye, well, you know. It happens. It looks like a pretty good list of games, too. I definitely want to get at least one CY6 game in. There is one listed in each session, so that should be doable. I'm also taking some of my CY6 game in case a pick-up game is necessary.

Now I just need to make it through today somehow!

Report to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment